Get ready to make some delicious quick and easy paleo diet recipes for dinner this week, they’re perfect for beginners, healthy and can be great for meal prep too!
In case you’ve been feeling like you’ve abandoned your roots or lost touch with history, you’ll be surprised to find out you can ‘reconnect’ with your ancestors by changing up your diet. Yes, it’s all about the paleo diet today! Specifically, we’ve got a collection of amazingly tasty and easy paleo dinner ideas including recipes with chicken, seafood and vegetarian options.
But first, if you’ve been living under a rock (like a caveman), let me enlighten you what the paleo diet is all about. Well, it is pretty much about enjoying the foods the ancient people ate – so fruits, vegetables, nuts, eggs, seeds, fish and meat. No modern or processed foods. No sugar, no tofu, no beans, no grains and no cheese. I know, shed a tear if you need to, but after you’re done, make sure to try some of the tasty paleo diet dinner recipes. They don’t include the “forbidden” foods, but taste so good, you won’t miss anything at all.
Paleo Diet Benefits
Now to me, when I hear the words “paleo diet”, I immediately think about someone who just wants to get ripped. It’s also a great elimination diet, as it isn’t overly restrictive, but eliminates two of the biggest allergens that can cause chronic inflammation – dairy and gluten. It also forces you to enjoy more nutrient-dense foods, which provide proper nourishment to your body over time.
Even though the paleo diet hasn’t been thoroughly studied, there are some proven benefits from this type of lifestyle. Here are some (source):
- It’s high in protein and fats – all that meat and fish will definitely help you build up muscle.
- You’ll be adding lots of vitamins and minerals to your body – all thanks to the fruits and veggies you’ll be eating.
- You won’t be consuming a lot of carbohydrates – Once you’ve cut back on carbs, you might start noticing fat loss and more sustainable energy throughout the day
- The paleo diet might help prevent several diseases – type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular problems, and even some cancers.
Now, let’s get more practical and make some food!
Paleo Dinner Recipes With Chicken
First up in our collection, we’ve got some super healthy and easy paleo dinner recipes with chicken!
1. Healthy Avocado Chicken Salad. A quick and easy meal to prepare for when you’ve just arrived home after a long and tired day at work. The combo of ingredients guarantees an explosion of different flavors, which come together beautifully. If you’d like, you can also wrap this up in a lettuce wrap.
2. Cauliflower Fried Rice With Chicken. A great high-protein meal, similar to fried rice! An important thing here to keep it paleo, is that you have to disregard the tamari and use coconut aminos instead.
3. Tomato, Avocado And Chicken Salad. This is most likely the easiest paleo salad there is. It takes no more than 10 minutes, it’s super tasty and you’ll definitely enjoy it, especially on a warm summer evening.
4. Avocado Chicken Salad. Made with avocado, chicken and eggs, this paleo salad recipe is packed with protein and super satiating! Feel free to opt out of adding any ingredients you don’t like, and instead increase the amount of the ones you enjoy eating. Don’t forget to season!
Paleo Diet Dinner Ideas With Ground Meat
Now, if you love ground meat like turkey or even beef, you’ll be happy to know that you can enjoy both of these foods while following a paleo diet. Here are some amazing healthy paleo dinner ideas with ground meat that you can start with.
5. Ground Beef And Veggie Skillet. This is an extremely flavourful and aromatic recipe full of protein, vegetables and spices. Serve as is or with some salad or avocado on the side!
6. Ground Beef Cabbage Stir-Fry. This deliciousness takes no more than 15 minutes to prepare and is also quite aesthetically pleasing. An important note for this recipe is to substitute the tamari sauce for coconut aminos – the taste will still be splendid, but this way you’ll be keeping to the Paleo diet.
7. Sweet Potato Moussaka Skillet. Moussaka comes in different shapes and forms depending on the recipe of the specific country, this one is made with ground turkey and sweet potatoes. It’s not a traditional recipe, but it’s really good. Make sure to omit the potatoes if you’re fully committed to the paleo diet though! The moussaka is fragrant, easy to make and an unforgettable experience. To really savor it, make sure to serve it with this amazing cashew garlic sauce. It’s a game changer!
8. Spicy Cauliflower Rice With Turkey. This simple paleo recipe is perfect if you like your food spicy and flavorful!
9. Ground Beef and Mushrooms. If you love mushrooms, then this quick 15-minute recipe is a must-try! It’s packed with flavor, protein and veggies. And to add even more vitamins and minerals – serve it with some greens like spinach, kale, lettuce or arugula.
Paleo Recipes With Seafood
If you love shrimp and salmon then this is the part in the collection of easy paleo diet dinner recipes you need to check out and remember! Starting with one of my favorite simple dishes ever!
10. Mediterranean Baked Fish. In case you’re tired and don’t feel like cooking in the evening, this is the recipe you make. It doesn’t ask for much and still results in a delicious paleo dinner. You can use any fish of choice – salmon, trout, tuna – it’s all up to you.
11. Coconut Curry Shrimp Soup. In case you’ve got some more shrimp, this amazing Thai-inspired soup should be your next culinary choice. It’s spicy, it’s sweet, it’s savory, it’s pretty great!
12. Garlic Squid. An absolute delicacy for when you want to treat yourself! And the recipe comes together very quickly and with no hassle. The only thing you need to ‘change’ in this recipe is to leave out is the one that’s optional – the Parmesan cheese!
13. Anti-Inflammatory Salmon Salad. You can never go wrong with salmon – there’s a reason it’s one of the most popular fish choices and sold all over the world. Packed with sweet potatoes, greens and avocado, this paleo salad with salmon is great for lunch or filling dinner.
14. Garlic Shrimp In Tomato Sauce. This recipe calls for only 5 ingredients, so you’ve got literally zero excuses to make it – and once you do, you’ll be making it again and again. It’s an aromatic garlicky dish that can be a great choice for when you’ve got guests over and you’d like to impress them or just feed them something delicious.
Vegetarian Paleo Recipes
There aren’t many vegetarian options when you’re following the paleo diet, but there are still some foods you can use to prepare healthy meals. Some of the main ingredients in these tasty no-meat paleo dinner recipes include green beans, tomatoes and mushrooms.
15. Green Beans And Tomatoes. This is a very simple, quick and easy recipe. It’s perfect for when you’re looking to save a bit of money and not spend so much on food. Make sure to serve this skillet with some of this delicious garlicky cashew sauce!
16. Coconut Curry Veggie Soup. This soup is the perfect way to end the day! Light, creamy and spicy, it’ll leave you full and with a cozy feeling. It’s especially great on chilly days!
More Easy Recipes To Try
Well, I sure hope you love these easy paleo recipes for dinner that are great for beginners and more experienced cooks! If you want something sweet or for breakfast, here are some other meal ideas perfect for the paleo diet:
- 1 lb/500g fish, cleaned
- 8oz/220g tomatoes
- 2 onions
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp olive oil
- handful of lovage or celery
- handful of basil leaves
- handful of mint leaves
- bunch of cilantro
- salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C.
- Grease the bottom of the casserole with some olive oil.
- Arrange a layer of onions on the bottom.
- Then a layer of tomatoes.
- Then a layer of herbs and if you have – black pepper kernels. If not – use ground black pepper.
- Now it’s time to place in the fish.
- Add another layer of all over the fish: onions, tomatoes, herbs and pepper.
- Add some olive oil to the fish.
- Cover the casserole and bake for about 40-50 minutes. Optionally in the last few minutes (3-4) you can bake the dish without a lid to allow the fish to brown a bit.
- Lastly, serve with slices of lemon!