Super yummy in the summer this easy mediterranean salad is great for everyone who loves grilled cheese! If you have only 5 minutes to prepare delicious lunch or dinner, give it a try!
Low carb, keto-friendly, packed full of flavour of summer herbs, this 5 minutes mediterranean salad is not only yummy, but also super healthy.
Olive oil, sun ripe tomatoes, fresh garlic, mint and rosemary are for a good reason all time present in the mediterranean diet and cuisine.
Tomatos are rich in lycopene which is a non-provitamin A carotenoid. Epidemiological research indicates that diets rich in vegetables such tomatoes are associated with a decreased risk of chronic diseases such as cardiovascular disease and cancer.
Studies suggest that olive oil reduces inflammation and may even have beneficial effects on genes linked to cancer.
Garlic adds not only a great flavouring to the Mediterranean cuisine but it has also been used as a medicine throughout ancient and modern history. It prevents and treats a wide range of conditions and diseases.
Mint is a great herb with many health benefits and should be enjoyed daily.
So, well worth it to give it a try!
- 1-2 medium thin slices Feta Cheese
- 1 big tomato
- 2 pressed cloves fresh garlic
- fresh mint
- fresh rosemary
- olive oil
- Cut the tomato in thin slices and spread them on a plate
- Put some olive oil in a non-stick pan on medium high.
- Put the slices of feta cheese in the hot pan for a minute on each side.
- In the last 30 seconds add the pressed garlic, fresh mint and the rosemary, so the flavour can develop.
- Take from the stove and put the hot melting cheese and the herbs on the top of the tomatos.
This is a great meal idea for women who never get stressed out!